And then there were 4...

And then there were 4...

Friday, June 23, 2017

Fathers Day

Every year we celebrate Fathers Day and every year I reminisce on how blessed I am by not only my own father, but also my father-in-law, and the father of my children.  All three are so kind, loving, and are strong priesthood holders.  They all three play vital roles in my life and in the lives of my children.  I understand that all year I need to honor these men...but I appreciate that there is a Day set aside to show them just how much we really do love them!!

We spent this Fathers Day taking it easy.  The boys and I made TJ breakfast in bed and then got ready for church.  I made all the kids and TJ matching ties (and accessory for Maylee)...man they looked stinking cute!! The dad's got donuts from the relief society and I taught a fun Fathers Day lesson for sharing time.  

 
After church TJ got in a nap even though I told him that since he got a nap on Mother's Day, it was only fair that I got one on Father's Day.  He apparently disagreed though because it didn't take him long to nod off on the couch.  I prepared a delish dinner and we took it to the Amakasu's house for a joint Father's Day celebration.  We sure do love them and their family!  Despite only knowing them for less than a year, every time we hang out it feels like we are just hanging out with family.  So it only seemed right to celebrate Father's Day with them!

Overall the day was excellent.  Tj felt loved and appreciated and we all had fun spoiling him.  He works so hard for our family and so much of it goes unseen and unappreciated.  I sure love that man!!  My kids sure hit the jackpot with him!!

As a side story...for my Father's Day sharing time I made 4 dozen cupcakes for the primary children to give to their dads.  They took me 9 hours of baking, mixing, whining, popping, and decorating.  Chocolate cupcakes, handmade Berry compote filling, whipped chocolate buttercream filling, and a piped white chocolate stripe to look like a football.  Well Parker wanted to go for a bike ride tj was in the backyard working on stuff.  I told Parker he could ride his scooter out back and he yelled that he wanted to go out front.  I again told him that he could only go out back because there was no one out front to supervise.  He was not happy - to say the least - and proceeded to pick up a bag of pens and throw them on the ground.  The bag exploded and he looked at me with a bit of triumph.  His pleasure quickly disappeared however when he could tell I didn't really care that there were pens all over.  I watched as he surveyed the kitchen for more havoc to wreak with the sole intention of making me mad (as if my anger would equate to his getting to go out front).  Well low and behold, his little eyes fixed in on my completed cupcakes because in a matter of seconds he was across the kitchen and throwing the box of them on the floor; all the while not breaking eye contact with me as if to say "you make me mad I'll make you pay."  The kid has issues!  All the cupcakes went "SPLAT." Completely unusable.  He seeemed to feel triumphant until he saw my eyes bug almost completely out of my face.  Then he felt scared; really scared!  I grabbed his arm and then realized it wasn't safe for me to handle this situation.  I quickly called for TJ who upon seeing the mess asked if I was okay.  I told him very slowly and very monotonely that he needed to deal with Parker while I went to Costco...alone.  I drove to Costco and cried while TJ punished Parker....an hour long time or followed by watching TJ, Dominik, and I all eat cupcakes in front of him (the salvageable ones).  The lesson seemed to sink in, but no fathers got a cupcake on Father's Day.  And I still have a 3 year old to live another day.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment