And then there were 4...

And then there were 4...

Monday, May 22, 2017

The Beginning of the End

I have never claimed to be a lover of all things military.  In fact, I was not too thrilled when we decided to join the military; however, I knew it was the right move for our family so I tried to happily go along with it.  Then we got orders to Maryland and I cried for a while.  Maryland ended up being a fabulous adventure for our family and we left there with amazing friends, irreplaceable memories, and pregnant with our second child.  On our way to Japan I was again devastated about the move overseas and incredibly sick with pregnancy.  The island was hot, humid, and smelled like a pig farm...many tears were again shed.  3 years later our time was up and it was onto San Diego...and again I cried because it was time to leave.  In Okinawa we made friends who became "framily," had incredible adventures, and left the island pregnant with our 3rd child (moving while pregnant is definitely not recommended). Now we are in San Diego and in just a short time it has become my favorite place to live.  Weather is amazing, our ward is phenomenal, and there is just so much to do here.  So the opportunity to live here 2 years with the possibility of making it 3 was just thrilling to me.  No tears this time!!  

Well a few months ago TJ was approached by a dentist in Hood River who is a long time family friend.  He wanted TJ to come work with him and the opportunity seemed too good to be true.  At the time I was on narcotics and holed up in bed with kidney stones, so my valiant and stalwart husband prayed and fasted about this move for our family and received a clear and undeniable answer that our time in the military had come to an end and it was time to start a new chapter in our lives.  So here we are...getting out of the military, moving back to Oregon, and finally putting down roots.  I never thought it was possible to shed tears over this, but I have really come to love San Diego...on top of that, our adventures in the military have made me a stronger and better person.  I have friends and memories that would have never been possible had the military not afforded us the opportunities it has.  Our family has grown by two, we have traveled the world, and have made friendships that will last a lifetime.  I'm so blessed by a Heavenly Father who knows me better than I know myself.  Who could look past my tears and devestation and know that this was what I needed to continue growing and learning in this life. 

So Hood River, Oregon here come the Finlayson's.  The land of abundance in produce and wind surfing!!  I have driven through Hood River many times in my life but haven't done much exploring there.  It's a small town near a big city.  I'm excited for my families adventures to come and again am so richly blessed by an all knowing Heavenly Father who has assured us that this is good and right.  I can't wait to see what's around the bend for us!!  All are welcome to come visit!!  We are staying for a while!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Yay! You are gonna be in my Grandma's ward. She lives in Parkdale. So glad you guys are moving back. Hopefully will get to meet the little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures make me want to settle in Hood River too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I'm so glad your military time allowed us to meet. Congratulations on this new. chapter, Hood River looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long way from Okinawa. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally let myself read this post. And I made it through without too many tears. Man, we love you family!

    ReplyDelete